20101228

Day #11 - Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings

Today I'm charting how I feel before, in the middle of, and after I eat. I'm focusing on the sensations in my stomach, mouth, throat and the rest of my body.

This ought to be interesting since I lost my ability to feel hunger in my stomach years ago. The only signs of hunger I have are when I have an insulin attack and start to shake, get light-headed and sometimes pass out.

I'm doing the exercise anyway, because it might be enlightening. Maybe I can tell when I'm hungry before it's too late. Or if I'm right and I can't, maybe it will enforce the idea that I need to seriously monitor my calorie intake since I can't tell when I'm hungry. On the other hand, I can tell when I've eaten enough or too much.

CREDIT: This morning I ate only 3/4 of my breakfast, instead of eating until I was too full.

No comments:

Post a Comment