20101222

Day #5 - Eat Slowly and Mindfully

Eating slowly helps me be more aware of when I'm full and adds to the satisfaction and enjoyment of eating.

I will remind myself to eat more slowly and mindfully by doing the following:

1- Set food or utensils down between each bite
2- Sip water with meal
3- Don't eat while watching films/TV, or while on the computer or reading
4- Savor each bite, enjoy the taste and texture
5- Set a nice place-setting if possible
6- While eating during class (a necessary evil), chew slowly and look at each bite. Don't rush through food, even if it is while I'm listening to a lecture.

I deserve to enjoy what I'm eating. I deserve to be healthy and reach my goals.

CREDIT: This morning there were a bunch of holiday vacation goodies sitting out in the condo kitchen. I chose a banana for my sweet tooth instead. I sat down and ate the banana slowly while thinking to myself, "Don't drop the banana! It's a good source of potassium!"

No comments:

Post a Comment