20101229

Day #12 - Practice Hunger Tolerance

I'm not sure how I feel about the assignment today. The idea is to set up a day and skip a meal to get over the fear of hunger. It's not something anyone should do on a regular basis, but I guess it does make sense that I often eat whatever is in front of me because at the core I'm worried I won't have more food coming later.

Dr. Judith Beck says that people with health conditions who shouldn't skip meals ought not to do this assignment. I'm in that category because of my hypoglycemia, but it just so happens that I'm going in for a full physical on Monday and have to go in fasting because of certain blood tests.

I will use Monday to practice hunger tolerance. Once I've recorded my experience I may transfer it to this blog. If not, I'll report the overall experience here.

CREDIT: I bought some Swiss chard and flax seed at the market today along with other healthy choices for when my diet starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment