20101230

Day #13 - Overcoming Cravings

Anti-Craving Techniques:

1- Label it as a craving (recognize it).
2- Stand firm.
3- Don't give myself a choice.
4- Imagine the aftermath of giving in.
5- Advantage Response Card.

Behavioral Techniques:

1- Distance myself from the food I crave.
2- Drink water.
3- Relax (breathing and quick meditation techniques)
4- Distract myself. (This is what I call "distraction action" which I coined for my substance abuse clients)

My list of distraction actions:
1- Talk to nearest person (coworkers, family members, classmates, online friends)
2- Post to Pushing Lazies
3- Go for a walk, even if it's around the cul-de-sac or around the parking lot or down the hall.
4- Work in the garden or shovel snow
5- Do the dishes
6- Turn on music and dance
7- Brush my teeth
8- Listen to my audiobook or read a book
9- Homework
10- Ride my bicycle
11- AIM Dave
12- Update this blog or write for Stodgy Legs Elf blog
13- Browse Facebook or Netflix


Measure Cravings

- How long did the craving last?
About 5 minutes

- How uncomfortable was the craving on a scale from 1 -10?
2

- Which anti-craving technique or distraction did I use?
I labeled it then distanced myself and distracted myself by getting on the computer.

CREDIT: Today so far I've eaten extremely healthy food in small portions. I also went to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment