20110106

Day #20 - Getting Back on Track

It takes about 3,500 extra calories to gain a pound. If I do slip up and eat a piece of pie or a hamburger I should never think, "I blew it and now I might as well go off my diet for the day." An extra 500 calories isn't going to make me gain weight, but if I go on a binge for a day it might lead to that.

  • Acknowledge my initial slip.
  • Recommit myself to my diet.
  • Draw a symbolic line.
  • Give myself credit for stopping- at any point.
  • Watch out for feelings of failure and helplessness
  • Continue to eat normally. (If I try to make up for it by eating less later it might make me anxious and resentful)
Response Card:
Get Back on Track!
Just because I slipped up doesn't mean I should keep eating. That makes no sense.

When I make a mistake and eat something I'm not supposed to I'm going to visualize tossing the food over my shoulder and say to myself, "Oh, well. GOOF! I guess I'll just hop back on the wagon now."

CREDIT: I pre-packed all my food to take to work today. Everything is measured out and contains the right amount of calories, plenty of veggies and fruit and whole grains.
Blood Pressure: 140/85

No comments:

Post a Comment