20110122

Day #36- Reduce Stress

Three steps to reduce stress:
  1. Solve the Problem (Use the Seven Question Technique)
  2. Relax (Use guided imagery, meditation, do something enjoyable)
  3. Change your mindset. Don't think things like...
  • I should always do my best
  • I should always prevent problems from happening
  • I shouldn't rely on others
  • I always make other people happy
  • I shouldn't show weakness
  • I should put other people first
  • I shouldn't let anyone else do important things, because they might do them wrong

Relax my self-imposed "rules" that are similar to those above.
  • Think of someone with more relaxed standards. What rules do they go by?
  • Would I really want the people I love to have to live by my rules for myself?
  • What are the advantages of changing these rules?
  • Take the words always and never out of my rules.
  • Insert the word reasonable instead.
Relax rules for other people.
  • Other people can't always be perfect.
  • Other people can't read my mind.
  • Other people can't always be grateful or recognize what I do.
  • Other people can't always make me happy, and they might make me sad sometimes.
  • Other people can't always treat me fairly.
  • Other people can't always understand me.
  • Other people can't always see things my way.
  • Other people don't always value the same things I do.
To relax my rules for other people:
  • I don't have control over other people.
  • Take the words always and never out of my rules
  • Be realistic in my expectations of other people

CREDIT: I ate a healthy breakfast this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment