20110113

Day #27- The Seven Question Technique

  1. What kind of thinking error could I be making?
  2. What evidence is there that this thought might not be true (or completely true)?
  3. What is the most realistic outcome of this situation?
  4. Is there an alternative explanation or another way of viewing this?
  5. What is the effect of my believing this thought and what could be the effect of changing my thinking?
  6. What would I tell someone else if s/he were in this situation and had this thought?
  7. What should I do now?

Short way to remember that I came up with (said like a poem):

Error, True.
Outcome, View.
Effect, Tell, Do.
  1. Error
  2. True
  3. Outcome
  4. View
  5. Effect
  6. Tell
  7. Do

CREDIT: I passed up double chocolate cookies fresh from the oven today. I'm awesome. I also ate out and ordered the lightest thing on the menu instead of the thing that looked the best. It tasted fine!
Blood Pressure: 157/98 (Slightly High 1st stage)

No comments:

Post a Comment